Categorical or Comparative Data Analysis is helpful to study the categorical data to understand and compare the metrics between different categories. For example, we can study effect of particular drug in various countries in health care projects. If we consider retail data, we may study POS (Point of Sales) Data, how is the sales in various regions of the country, or how many units are selling from each store or from each department of the supermarket.
Trend or Longitudinal Data Analysis is helpful to study historical data to understand change in data over particular time frame. Learn more with Examples.
In this topic, you can download example macro tool for Trend Analysis, with explanation of the below topics:
- Understanding requirement
- Understanding the Data
- Design and Planning
- Cleaning the Data
- Identifying the variables and creating new variables
- Plotting the Charts and Tables to understand the Data
- Providing Interactivity using VBA
- Providing Help or Guidelines to users
- Understanding Summarized Data
- Writing Overall Summary and Insights