CommandButton is used to run or execute a macro or procedure. It performs a task or an action when a user clicks on a command button. Command Button can be used on the WorkSheet. Please find more details about ActiveX CommandButton Control in the following chapter. You can see how we are adding or deleting command button on the Worksheet.
50+ Project Management Templates Pack
Excel PowerPoint Word
Advanced Project Plan & Portfolio Template
Business Presentations Templates Pack
20+ Excel Project Management Pack
20+ PowerPoint Project Management Pack
10+ MS Word Project Management Pack
VBA ActiveX CommandButton Control on the Worksheet
Please find more details about VBA ActiveX Command Button Control on the Worksheet.
- Go To Developer Tab and then click Insert from the Controls group.
- Click on the Command Button from the ActiveX Controls group.
- Drag a Command Button on the Worksheet.
- Right click on the Command Button, before that Design Mode should be turned ON.
- Click on properties from the available list.
- On the left side find ‘Caption’ from the available properties of a Command Button .
- On the right side mention as ‘Click’. Please find the below screen shot for the same.
- Now, Double click on the Command Button (Click). Or right click on command button and click view code.
- Now you can see the following code in the VBA Editor window.
- Now add the following code in between above procedure.
- Now, Press ‘F5’ to run the code. You can see the following Output. It is shown in the following Screen Shot.
Private Sub CommandButton21_Click() End Sub
Private Sub CommandButton21_Click() MsgBox "Hi, Welcome to mongopono.ru" End Sub
Delete CommandButton Control on the Worksheet using VBA
Please find the below code, it will show you how to delete or remove a command button on the worksheet. In the below example, its deleting the command button named ‘CommandButton1’ which is on the worksheet named ‘Sheet11’. Here Delete is the property of Shape object.
Sub Delete_CommandButton() Sheets("Sheet11").Shapes("CommandButton1").Delete End Sub