VBA code to VBA to append a text file Excel Macros Examples for writing to text files using VBA in MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and VBScript. This Example VBA Program and function will help you to know using VBA to append a text file using Excel VBA.
50+ Project Management Templates Pack
Excel PowerPoint Word
Advanced Project Plan & Portfolio Template
Business Presentations Templates Pack
20+ Excel Project Management Pack
20+ PowerPoint Project Management Pack
10+ MS Word Project Management Pack
Appending a text file Using VBAHere is the Procedure, Example VBA Syntax and Example VBA Macro code for appending a text file in Excel VBA. This will help you to know how to append a text file and add data using VBA.
VBA to append a text file: ProcedureWe will first open the text file as Append file with a file number. Then we will add the data to the file using File Number.
VBA to append a text file: SyntaxHere is the VBA code and syntax for Appending a text file Using VBA. Use the Append keyword to open text file in appending mode.
strFile_Path = "Your file Path" Open strFile_Path For Append As #1 Write #1, “You can write your required text here”
VBA to Append a text file: Example Macro CodeFollowing is the sample Excel Macro to write to a text file by appending it using Excel VBA.
Sub VBA_to_append_text_file() Dim strFile_Path As String strFile_Path = "C:\temp\test.txt" ‘Change as per your test folder and exiting file path to append it. Open strFile_Path For Append As #1 Write #1, "This is my sample text" Close #1 End Sub
Instructions to run the VBA Macro code to append a text filePlease follow the below steps to execute the VBA code to Append a text file using Excel VBA Editor.
1. Step 1: Open any Excel workbook [ To Open MS Excel: Go to Start menu, All programs and select Excel from MS Office OR You can simply type excel in the run command (Press Windows+ r key to open run dialog)]
2. Step 2: Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA Editor [You can also open the VBE from the Developer Tab in the Excel ribbon]
3. Step 3: Insert a code module [Go to insert menu in the VBE and then press Module OR Simply press the Alt+i then m to insert code module]
4. Step 4: Copy the above Example Macro code and paste in the code module which have inserted in the above step
5. Step 5: Change the folder path as per your testing folder structure and existing file path.
6. Step 6: Now press the F5 to Run and Execute the Macro.
7. You can press the F8 to debug the macro line by line and see the result immediately.
Once you are done with the macro execution, now you can observe that a text file in the test folder. And the text file in the folder is appended with the data which you have mentioned in the code.
VBA to Append a text file – Macro ExplainedHere is the detailed explanation of the Excel macro to append a text file using VBA.
- Starting the program and sub procedure to write VBA code to append a text file and adding the data.
- Declaring the strFile_Path variable as String Data Type to store the text file path.
- Assigning the File path to the variable strFile_Path.
- Opening the text file for Append with FileNumber as 1.
- Writing to the sample text to the File using FileNumber and Write Command.
- Closing the File using FileNumber.
- Ending the Sub procedure to write VBA Code to append a text file and updating the data.
Here is the commented macro code for writing to text file and append it using VBA.
‘Starting the program and sub procedure to write VBA code to write the data to a text file Append.
‘Declaring the strFile_Path variable as String Data Type to store the text file path.
Dim strFile_Path As String
‘Assigning the File path to the variable strFile_Path.
strFile_Path = “C:\temp\test.txt”
‘Opening the text file for Append with FileNumber as 1.
Open strFile_Path For Append As #1
‘Writing to the sample text to the File using FileNumber and Write Command.
Write #1, “This is my sample text”
‘Closing the File using FileNumber.
End Sub’Ending the Sub procedure to write VBA Code to append the data in text file.